Shouting out for rural affordable housing: what should Labour’s policies be?
What is the current state of rural housing? How can affordable housing make a difference? What should Labour’s policies be for rural areas?
We will be asking all these questions and more at out our autumn policy day this September.
Date: Saturday, September 16th
Location: (Hybrid) Peterborough, Queensgate Hotel, 5-7 Fletton Ave, PE2 8AX.
This will be a hybrid and interactive session, with chances to listen to some fascinating speakers & discuss crucial housing policy questions with other Labour members & supporters.
Our speakers include:
- Cllr John Cotton– Leader of Birmingham City Council & Chair of Labour Housing Group
- Baroness Sue Hayman– Shadow DLUHC & DEFRA spokesperson, and Shadow Secretary of State for Environment, Food, & Rural Affairs 2017-2019
- Dr Nik Johnson– Mayor of Cambridgeshire & Peterborough
- Jo Lavis– Director of Rural Housing Solutions
- Alex Mayer– Former MEP & Committee Member of Labour Coast and Country.
- Cllr Amanda Serjeant– Deputy Leader, Chesterfield Borough Council
- Laura Atkinson– Rural Housing Enabler
We have collaborated with Labour Coast and Country for what looks set to be a fascinating and informative event.