Labour Housing Group is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Labour Housing Group may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 7th September 2019.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact details including email and postal addresses
- Bank details
- Confirmation that you support the aims and values of LHG and that you are a member of the Labour Party
- The name of your Constituency Labour Party
- Other information relevant to member surveys, and responses to surveys
What we do with the information we gather
We will only use personal data for the purposes specified in this Policy that is to:
- Manage your LHG membership, e.g. send reminders of subscriptions due, donations made etc
- Send you information about our campaigning work.
- Conduct surveys of LHG’s membership to guide our work.
- Respond to enquiries or complaints raised by members
- Audit and/or administer our accounts
How we handle payments
We will record your payment of subscriptions and/or donations to us.
Security of your personal data
We will prevent the loss, destruction, misuse, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access to your personal information by ensuring that there are appropriate systems are in place.
Your personal information may only be accessed by persons authorised by the LHG Executive Committee. We will not share your data without your consent.
- You have the right to withdraw consent to use your personal information at any time.
- You have the right to ask us to stop using your personal information and to unsubscribe from our email list at any time.
- You have the right to be informed how your personal information will be used. This policy statement aims to provide you with a clear and transparent description of how your personal information may be used.
- You can write to us to ask for confirmation of what information we hold on you and to request a copy of that information. Provided we can confirm your identity, we will comply within 30 days. If you believe our record of your personal information is inaccurate, you have the right to ask for the record to be updated.
- You can ask us for your personal information to be deleted from our records.
- To exercise these rights, contact us via our website at https://labourhousing.org/contact/
If you are not satisfied with our response, you can make a complaint about us or the way we have processed your data to the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”).
For further information on how to exercise this right, please see the guidance at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/personal-information.
The ICO can be contacted at: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/.