Dermot Mckibbin has been a Labour Party member for over 40 years, was a Lewisham Councillor in the 1980s, and is currently Vice-Chair of Beckenham CLP in a strong Tory area.
His current interests include:
- Leasehold reform and commonhold
- Fire safety issues for leaseholders.
- Regulation of the private rented sector.
- Green issues in the private sector.
- Empty properties
- Campaigning on housing in Tory areas
and he writes about these issues at www.getcommonholddone.co.uk. He is disabled after recovering from illness.